Summer is a lazy time for most things. Kids are out of school, vacations are taken, clothing is even a little lazier with no laces in our shoes. Time seems to move a little slower as the temperatures heat up. This applies to most things, except real estate. Real estate picks up as the temperatures increase, starting with the first hint of spring and going all the way until school starts late August. What does this mean for you, the potential home seller? This means, now is the time...sell your home in summer!
Listing your home in June can mean a closing before the end of August, when potential home buyers are taking a break from looking as their kids go back to school or they take end of summer vacations. Getting your home on the market at this peak time, however is just the start.
Staging your home and presenting it in the best possible light is often easier in the summer, when landscaping is in full bloom, yards are at their greenest and your best features are on full display. We at Chattanooga Property Shop make the most of summer months to market your home to the correct market. However, it is up to you to present your home to potential buyers. Here are some summer staging tips to make sure your home looks its best.
- Highlight your outdoor areas. Summer is when potential buyers can envision themselves really living in a home. Outdoor living is such a huge part of living in Chattanooga. Make the most of your outdoor living spaces: clean your deck, porch or patio. If you have an outdoor kitchen, really make it shine. Think about how you use your outdoors if you don't have a deck and create the illusion of an outdoor living space, by arranging chairs and tables in a way that shows your best features.
- Spruce up your landscaping. Landscaping can make or break first impressions. Make sure your lawn and flower beds aren't languishing in the summer heat. Spending a little money for bright and cheery pops of color with annuals in pots and in your flower beds can go a long way in making your home look welcoming and "happy".
- Light it, light it, light it. Frame your walkways and driveways with lights for a stylish touch. Potential buyers will often drive by a home during different times of the day and in my opinion, a home with lights that accent landscaping and walkways looks so charming and welcoming.
- Make a splash with the pool. People love a pool in the sweltering heat of summer. Keep yours clean and debris-free, and create a seating area near the pool where buyers can imagine themselves floating through the cool water. Keep all toys put away and the area as clutter free as possible.
- Keep it cool during showings. House hunters will want to escape the heat so make sure your home is nice and cool. Set the thermostat at a comfortable level, however, you don't want to freeze people out and distract them from your home.
- Treat them as guests. Summer is a time for thirsty people and images of lemonade makes people nostalgic. A pitcher of lemonade for home viewers will give an added touch of welcome and give your home something to be remembered by.
Summer is the ideal time to sell your home. The market is hot in Chattanooga right now and we are ready to sell your home. Our team of agents offers experience not only in negotiation and marketing, but also in home staging and positioning of your home to sell as swiftly as possible. Contact us today at email@example.com